Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 2: Bathroom Closet

Well, this 15 minute thing is my last hope, and by golly, it's going to work!

We have a decent-sized bathroom closet, so tonight after I got back from my Church activity and present-shopping for my daughter's friend's birthday party tomorrow, I did my 15 minutes in there.  James had the kids do their 15 minutes in their rooms while I was gone.

There are several shelves in the closet filled with plastic baskets.  It looked great when I first organized it...two years ago.  I took one basket out and went through it.  I tossed a bunch of junk and semi-organized it.  Now we know where the bandaids, rubbing alcohol, Q-tips, sunscreen, and various other health-related or first-aid items are.  It isn't perfect, but its SO MUCH BETTER! (Yes, I'm yelling with excitement!)

Since I didn't get to Walmart, I didn't get those small organizing plastic boxes for yesterday's drawer.  Well, guess what?  I found three small ones in the closet!  So when my timer went off I took two of them and quickly sorted a few things.  Took me maybe five minutes, tops.

Now I have a nearly clean, organized drawer and a whole basket done in the closet!

Since I knew I had to do this today, and it being past 11:00 pm with a wide-awake baby, I'm so glad I chose an accomplishable goal.

And since my baby just spit up all over my thigh, I will go now.

See you tomorrow!

No comments: